Tuesday, February 8, 2011

6 Week Rule


Working in the radio business I had a great manager, who constantly told me, "what you do today, will pay off 6 weeks from now." 
With these snowy days it’s easy to get a case of the winter blues.  But that old saying snapped me out of a mid-afternoon funk.  I received three e-mails from prospects I'd contacted a little over two months previous.
 Three separate clients that I prospected and followed up with little response all contacted me on the same afternoon.  I had moved on to the next idea, while staying in touch with them from time to time. Low and behold, today they were finally in the position to buy.  This gave me the pick me up I needed, but what if I hadn't prospected them months ago? 
Pick up the phone and make one more call, send one more email, create one more idea. It just might make your day 6 weeks from now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment