Monday, April 25, 2011

“Egg-cellent” Promotion Idea

Last week I was sucked in to a fabulous promotion. Literally dropped everything and spent two hours doing a “virtual” egg hunt.  Like most of my childhood egg-hunt experiences I came up empty handed but was still impressed with the creative promotion from ZoomCatalog, an online catalog company for promotional product distributors and suppliers.
Here’s how the promotion works….
#1.  Last Wednesday I received an email from http://www.zoomcatalog.com/   inviting me to do a “virtual” egg hunt.  I’m not one to participate in many contests but the prize was an Ipad 2, which I’ve been drooling over. 
#2.  They invite you to “like” them on Facebook and “follow” them on Twitter to receive daily clues to find the eggs.  I instantly did both.  For nine days they would release a clue a day to find the eggs randomly placed throughout their catalog library.  The first two people to find all eggs would receive Ipads and the rest would have a “chance” to win from a random drawing….among other prizes. 
#3.  They were responding to numerous questions on Facebook during which I found out that you don’t have to wait for the clues, all eggs were released and all you had to do was be the first one to find them.  This is when I was hooked….
It helped them instantly gain friends on the social media networks and drew people to their client’s catalogs, which is fabulous.  I went through over 30 catalogs in the first two hours….no, I did not find all the eggs but did find some great product ideas for my clients; a specific pen a current client had been asking about, a new idea for a prospect and really understand the ZoomCatalog business, if I were ever in the market to need a catalog.  Well done ZoomCatalog….
This idea could be duplicated for any business….how could it work for yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment