Tuesday, March 22, 2011

How do you play?

I just finished reading "Rules of the Red Rubber Ball" and "The Red Rubber Ball at Work" by Kevin Carroll.  These books are a worthwhile read for everyone, most importantly any parent, coach, teacher or business professional.  The first book is a motivational book on how Kevin himself overcame obstacles by the simple interest of a red rubber ball.  The second book is a collection of short synopsis of accomplished individuals who were lucky enough to recognize their direction early in life through the power of play.
I found myself constantly reflecting back on my childhood and how I played as a child. It seems like many others, I'd lost sight of what sparked my creativity, drove my leadership and influenced my decisions. 
As Carroll takes you through his five sections, I encourage you to reflect back to your childhood and jot down some inspirational stories or situations that you may have easily forgotten. 

Simply put, let your childhood play take hold of your adult work.  Hand in hand you'll exceed all expectations.   

No comments:

Post a Comment