Tuesday, August 30, 2011

I just finished reading The Thank You Economy by Gary Vaynerchuk.  I’m embarrassed to say I’ve had the book since it came out, but life got in the way and it took me until now to pick it up and read it.  If you haven’t…..read it now! 

Being a huge fan of his first book Crush It, I knew I would like Gary’s writing style and as usual the content did not disappoint. 
As I read the book I realized that all I’ve been doing on social media is “pushing” as he calls it.  Using Twitter and Facebook to broadcast my tips and trends and never actually engaging with my followers.  Duh, right!   I think I’ve read a dozen articles on this same topic, but all of sudden someone comes along and explains it in plain English and it clicks. 
Make sure you are in the conversation – interacting with the public.  I’m not going to regurgitate the info in the book, but know that you should go out and snag a copy.  It will be the best thing you’ve done for your brand and your business. 

No comments:

Post a Comment